- Farro Salad
- ½ cup farro
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- 1oz cheese (feta, goat)
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp green onions, optional
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Rinse and drain farro. Transfer to a small pot and add 1 cup water and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes until cooked. Farro should be soft and chewy.
2. Bring steak to room temperature and season with salt & pepper on both sides. Grill for 5-10 minutes on each side, depending on how cooked you prefer it. Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. Prepare Chimichurri, if needed.
4. Chop cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Add salad ingredients to farro once it has cooled down enough that the cheese won’t melt.
5. Plate steak, drizzle chimichurri, and add the farro salad. Alternatively, cut the steak into bite-sized pieces and make a bowl of it.