This is a great meal to put together when you have a bunch of random vegetables in your fridge. There are a myriad of variations for this meal, and each time it turns out slightly different due to the combination of veggies. If you don’t like shrimp, sub chicken. If you don’t like quinoa, sub brown rice. If fresh shrimp aren’t available, frozen shrimp (I prefer large or extra-large) work as well. Like many of my meals, I serve this in my favorite bowls.
Adapted from Vegangela.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 15oz can coconut milk, full fat
- ¾ cup broth (or water)
- 2-3 tbsp green or red curry paste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce or 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups colorful veggies (onions, carrots, red bell pepper, broccoli, etc)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. In a saucepan, add quinoa, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry paste, and Sriracha sauce/red chili flakes (optional). Bring to boil, then set burner to low and cover. Simmer until the quinoa is ready, about 15 minutes.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, chop and sauté the garlic and vegetables.
3. Using the same pan, sauté shrimp until fully cooked.
4. Mix all ingredients together. Garnish with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.